Finding an easy healthy recipe that is full of protein,filling and isn’t a bother to prepare can be a challenge. That’s why I created this dish. Cauliflower transforms into rice and the chickpeas into “meat”. What you are left with is a complete meal that isn’t only delicious and satisfying, but also budget friendly.
Did I tell you that in less then two weeks I will be in Barbados ? Yes, I am going back to my homeland for Christmas and it feels so good. I haven’t been back there since I was twelve years old. Since then so many of my cousins, nieces and nephews have been born. I am looking forward to connecting with my favorite cousins and entire family.
It’s time for some coconut water, sand and sea. No more cold December weather. I’m here typing and smiling ! Can you all tell how happy I am. Don’t worry, I will be taking lots of pictures. Both of my aunts run restaurants back home so you know that I will be hitting them up for some authentic island recipes. That Conkie recipe is so mine. A Conkie is a steamed sweet dessert that is made from grated pumpkin and coconuts.
I also look forward to buying authentic island pottery for my blog and interviewing the Rasta community about their cuisine. Try this easy healthy recipe and you will be amazed at just how delicious it is. Happy Holidays from Full Food.
- Chickpea Cauliflower Rice
- Olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- Place enough oil to coat the bottom of your frying pan and let heat up.
- Add in the onions and let brown.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse for 1-2 seconds.
- Add in the Cauliflower and all the remaining ingredients.
- Let cook for 5-10 minutes or until just tender.